Sunday 28 October 2012

New YSL Glossy Stain and L'Oreal Shine Caresse Swatches

YSL has just released six new shades of their popular Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stains. I found these at Sephora in France earlier today. The swatches are a bit messy as they had been on my hand for three hours, and got accidentally swiped by my mother's jacket sleeve. There's a bit of bleeding into the fine lines, but they still retained their trademark glossiness.

I like #24, #25 and #26, but I already have four Glossy Stains that need to be used more frequently so I didn't purchase any of the new ones. You can see swatches of #1-#19 in this earlier post.

L'Oreal Paris (which owns YSL Beauté) has just released a more affordable version called Shine Caresse which costs €14+ versus €29 for the YSL Glossy Stain. The applicator has a similar oval shape. According to this MakeupAlley post, the ingredients are almost identical for the two products.



The texture does feel similar to YSL Glossy Stain but most of the Shine Caresse shades are more sheer and require quite a bit of layering to build up the colour. Personally, I'd rather save my pennies for the Glossy Stains since the Shine Caresse aren't exactly cheap. #402 Milady was my favourite out of the 8 shades available for Shine Caresse. I found these at Monoprix in France.


Below are swatches of the YSL Boréal Palette Collector Nuit Arctique which comes in a silver sequin pouch. This is part of the holiday collection.

3 comments:

galpal.hi said...

Thank you for doing the swatches on all of the items. They are all so very pretty!

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

Yay, you found the L'oreal dupes. I'm the one that asked you about it earlier in a previous comment. I think I'll like these cheaper L'oreal ones because I'm not too found of the vivid colors YSL carries. I wish Western companies made Japanese-like boring colors for lips LOL.

Haru said...

hi,
Glad that helps! Yup, I think the L'Oreal Shine Caresse are more suitable if you prefer translucent and more natural looking shades.

hi Kat,
It was very difficult to walk away without purchasing any of the new Glossy Stains!